Wednesday, May 22, 2013

For the love of a wizard

I have to confess I fell in love with a little wizard, Harry Potter years ago, when I bought the Philosphers stone to pass time on a plane trip. Many years, books and films later, I still love the series and whole concept. So I journeyed to Warner Bros exhibition at the Watford studios to see the production items, and concept builds behind the wonderful films. It was worth every cent, and all the time - to see the sets, walk Diagon Alley, see the wand shop, the flying blue Anglia, the bus that picks up the students, the huge scale model thatw was used in aerial scenes and many other scenes of the films of the Hogwarts School. I walked the crooked bridge, visited Harry's first home, and his bedroom under the stairs, the Weasley's amazing kitchen, Hagrid's hut, the Potions classroom and so much more.I wandered between the displays for hours, and felt the same excitement as a wide eyed child - just superb. The photos are principally on the ipad, but there are a few here as well. They really do not do the exhibition justice, and I will revisit all the films as soon as I can, driving everyone mad with comments from what I saw.
More soon
 The magic bus for  muggles
 The great hall, waiting for the students
 I loved all the animals the students had, and some of the others as well. The comments under the picture are lovely.
 One of the owls who played postie!
 Hagrid's hut - interior - actually a lot smaller than I thought it would be inside,the prop details were incredible, the tiniest details thought of.
The Weasley's wonderful kitchen - a lot of the props were working - stirring pots, and cutting knives

No comments: